We are committed to helping our members realize their educational goals. Empower-sponsored scholarships are available in the fall to college-bound high school seniors. The student applicant must be the primary member on an account at Empower Federal Credit Union.
Applications are due by January 5, 2024.
Note: You must be a member of Empower Federal Credit Union. If you are not currently a member please stop by your local branch, apply for a membership online, or call 800.462.5000 to learn how to join.
- Complete and save the scholarship application form. Please use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions. Other than where specified on the application form, no attachments, resumes, pictures or other materials of any kind should be submitted or used to answer the questions.
- You and your parent or guardian must sign the Certification and Release Authorization on the back page of the application form.
- You must obtain a credit union verification code from your credit union in order to verify eligibility.
- Please contact Joan Gentile at 800.462.5000 ext. 5063, or stop by your local branch to obtain the verification code.
- Submit your application online by January 5, 2024, via these links to the applicant page & online application:
- College Scholarship Program Applicants :: NYCUA - New York Credit Union Association | Member Owned
- Please also include a high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9-11; and an essay response.
If any portion is incomplete or not included, the application will not be considered. Please save and upload the documents as three separate files (pdf, Word, jpg only; Google Docs will not be accepted):
- Scholarship Application
- High School Transcript
Nominee and Nominated By on the application.
The application asks for Nominee and Nominated By. The students will need to input their OWN name and email address for both sections.
If you have any questions, please contact Joan Gentile at 800.462.5000 ext.5063. Winner notifications will be sent in May 2024. Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
To qualify: Student must be a member of Empower Federal Credit Union; student must be a college-bound high school senior at the time of application; student must be attending college for the ﬁrst time in the fall of 2024, enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution; the student agrees to use any scholarship funds awarded only at an accredited institution by January 31, 2025.