Come join Empower, selected as one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York State.
“Recognition, appreciation, nice gestures, transparency, food days, opportunity for growth, awesome products and services, team oriented initiatives, and great people!”
- A World-Class Employee Experience: We are at our best when we are developing genuine relationships, looking out for one another, freely and honestly sharing information, and working together. We succeed when we rise above our departments, roles, and individual interests to come together, to move forward together. Each of us plays a crucial role in creating a positive work environment and we encourage all our employees to actively contribute to embracing Empower’s values and supporting those around you.
- Be Yourself, Belong with Empower: The strength of Empower is in the unique backgrounds, voices, talents, & experiences of each person. With a culture of belonging, we enable teamwork, spark innovation, and fuel success.
- Opportunity: Equal opportunity for every employee is not just the right thing to do, it’s critical to our success. And equal opportunity means that we are committed to equal rights, equal pay, and equal opportunity to grow and develop as a professional.
- Relentless Service: Member relationships define us as a credit union and each person at Empower defines us for our members. Quality, teamwork, and financial expertise; these are commitments to our members, colleagues, and communities. We are relentless in delivering excellence and a best-in class member experience.
- Integrity: Relationships here at Empower are built on trust, transparency, and dependability. Good news or bad, we value and expect honesty and candor.
- We thrive on Honesty & Fairness: With expertise, experience, and innovation, we solve problems and deliver results to our employees and members. Whatever the challenge, whatever it takes, we are driven to persist and succeed with the utmost fairness and honesty in all that we do.
- Development: At Empower, the opportunities for professional development and career growth come in many forms. Whether it’s our Mentor/Mentee program, unique training opportunities, special initiatives and assignments, lateral moves and promotions, or access to the wealth of learning and development programs, it’s part of our employee experience to ensure that our diverse team has the opportunity to grow and develop as part of their experience at Empower.
- Engagement: At Empower, we believe that feeling that you are part of a team is fundamental to our success. We continually seek to understand the factors that contribute to an inclusive work environment. We celebrate successes, overcome obstacles, and continually strive to be better than we were.
- Community: We are committed to making a shared value in our communities. Whether it is volunteer activities for our employees, or working with business development, and community leaders we are constantly working to better our community.
- Empowered Possibilities: Our work is challenging and fulfilling. Together, we make a meaningful contribution to our employees, members, community, and the financial industry.
- Choice of 2 Medical Plans, including a High Deductible Health Plan with employer contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Dental and vision coverage
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company paid Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Comprehensive Physical and Mental Well-Being Benefits
- Company paid Mental Health and Well-Being benefit with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Fitness Center (at HQ)
- Digital wellness platform offering gym memberships, nutrition content, and on-demand fitness and wellness classes
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Up to 8 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off to help organizations in the community
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Other employee discounts and perks
- 401(k) Plan with generous employer match and annual employer discretionary contribution
Employee Experience. Member Experience. Community. Empower FCU.We are comprised of colleagues, teams, branches, and friends. We aspire to be a credit union where all people feel a sense of belonging to be their true authentic selves at work. We know we are at our best when team members have that sense of belonging. We also understand that despite the progress that has been made, the world we live in falls short in providing equal opportunities for all. Through our efforts, we passionately believe we can be a force for positive change as we continue to take steps to advance diversity, promote equity, and foster inclusion within our credit union.
Diversity: encompasses the full range of characteristics and experiences that make each individual unique. Everyone at Empower FCU is diverse, no two of us are the same, which is what makes us great.
Equity: creates an even playing field where all our employees receive the support, access, opportunity, and resources to be recognized, rewarded, and developed.
Inclusion: seeks to ensure that all people have their views heard by creating an environment where employees feel valued, respected, accepted, and encouraged to fully participate in the credit union
At Empower, we value and celebrate diversity with commitment to building equitable and inclusive environments for employees and the members we serve. These environments foster connection and belonging, create spaces for all individuals to be empowered, and allow individuals to participate authentically to their full potential. We foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion across race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, learning style, country of origin, language, political ideology, military status, cultural perspectives, and other characteristics that make our employees and members unique.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Several Empower branches sit on traditional Indigenous territories. We acknowledge with respect, the Haudenosaunee and Wenrohronon, the Indigenous people on whose ancestral lands Empower branches and headquarters now stands.
Our Tribal Land Acknowledgement
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to intentionally progress Empower toward diversity-centeredness, equity-mindedness, and inclusivity, where each person is welcomed and appreciated. The committee is charged with highlighting workforce and/or employee issues, concerns, and ideas which impact diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout Empower. The DEI Committee promotes, guides, and informs leaders on matters related to DEI. To accomplish this charge, the DEI Committee will advise, and assist Empower through the following responsibilities, which may evolve over time:
Our DEI Committee
- To provide feedback and insight on DEI issues and culture in the workplace, including recommendations regarding short- and long-term strategies to meet the organization’s current and future workforce needs.
- To identify learning and development opportunities that allow employees at all levels to develop and deepen inclusion and equity-based skills, knowledge, and behaviors.
- To conduct a self-assessment of the committee’s effectiveness during the year that describes accomplishments relative to developed goals, challenges, and barriers encountered during the period, and recommendations for solutions.
- To assist with DEI efforts internally and/or externally
Our Employee ProgramsWith offices, employees, and members all around Upstate New York, Empower FCU understands the importance of having an inclusive perspective. This has empowered us to understand diverse cultures, recognize international and national issues, and embrace the diversity and strength of our employees and our members. We continue to invest in DEI initiatives by spotlighting unique cultural experiences of employees and SEGs across our footprint.
At Empower FCU, we are committed to building a culture of inclusion by connecting our network of employees through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). These groups will provide a platform for employees to build relationships, offer feedback, and support each other through shared experiences and interests. Our ERGs will be crucial in shaping our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives and business strategies.
2024 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at Empower FCU
Our ERGs will serve both as a catalyst for a positive and supportive work environment and as an avenue of communication between ERG members and senior leadership and executives. Our ERGs will also lead, developed, and maintained by employee volunteers, so it’s important for us to invest in the futures of these employees the same way they are investing in ours. Our ERG leaders will have access to mentorship opportunities, inclusive leadership training alongside senior leaders, and invitations to industry conferences.
We are proud to roll out a brand-new ERG program that brings employees of diverse backgrounds and their allies together to build community through outreach and education. We are committed to listening and engaging with our employees and ERGs, turning employee feedback into meaningful action, and reporting on our progress. More information coming soon!
Empower Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including race, religion, ethnicity, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, marital status, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information/ predisposition or carrier status, status in the uniformed services of the United States (including veteran status) or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement, the EEO is the Law Poster and Supplement, and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision reaffirm our commitment.
Federal Labor Law Posters
New York Labor Law Poster
a) Fax: 315.455.5423
b) US Mail: 1 Member Way Syracuse, NY 13212
c) Phone: 800.462.5000