Q. Why is Multi-Factor Authentication necessary?
A. Security provided by a single password may be defeated with new technology being employed by high-tech hackers of today. In response, enhanced security precautions have been implemented to increase online safety and make accounts more secure while preventing spoofing attempts by look-alike websites. Multi-factor Authentication triggered by certain transactions further increases the protection of the account.
Q. What are the Multi-Factor Triggers?
MFA will be triggered for a variety of transactions, such as adding an ACH/ external account, as well as other trigger events. Trigger events include:
Q. What is an External Transfer/ External Account? (COMING SOON)
- Adding an ACH Account (External Account – see below) for the first time.
- Logging in from a different device
- Changing Contact Information
- Updating Security Information
- Transfers involving a Linked Account
- Transfers involving an External Account
- Adding an External Account
A. Empower members can transfer funds to and from accounts that are held at other
financial institutions. External transfer makes it easy and secure (options include: one-time or recurring transfers). You may add external accounts on the Classic Transfer tab.
Q. How many attempts do I get?
A. If a user fails MFA 5 times they will be locked out of Online Banking.